JEFFERSON COUNTY LIBRARY FOUNDATION
The Jefferson County Library Foundation (JCLF) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit that provides fundraising support and advocacy for Jefferson County Public Library (JCPL). Our funding supports library-related services for which tax dollars are not available. The main way we generate revenue to support our 10 Jefferson County Public Libraries and the bookmobile is through used book sales.
Last year, JCLF earned more than $250,000 through our semi-annual Whale of a Used Book Sales, online book sales, in-library book sales and various other holiday and special event book sales throughout the year. JCLF also generates funding through individual solicitations, corporate sponsorships, grants, annual appeals, bequests and special events. These monies are used to expand and enhance the programs, projects and initiatives of Jefferson County Public Library.
The Warehouse Assistant role at the Jefferson County Library Foundation is a part-time (16 hours per week), Monday through Tuesday, hourly position focused on assisting our Warehouse Coordinator by collecting and sorting donations from the public at our warehouse in Wheat Ridge
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires physical strength and manual labor. Currently, this is a temporary 6- to 9-month position.
The Warehouse Assistant will participate in accepting donations from the public, scanning and sorting of used books, CDs, DVDs, etc. (culled from Jefferson County Public Libraries and collected at our warehouse via individual donations and book contribution drives), and boxing/readying the books (and CDs, DVDs, audio books, LPs, etc.) for sale at our various outlets – our two storefront operations, through two used book vendor partners, and also at our public Whale of a Used Book Sales and pop-up sales.
This employee may also be required to assist in handling online book sales of rare and collectible books as part of our Jeffco Friends online storefront.
The Warehouse Assistant will work closely with a variety of dedicated volunteers, and will be charged with working with these volunteers in the course of book scanning, sorting, pricing, and boxing. During times of our semi-annual used book sales and smaller, added sales, this employee may be required to assist with set-up, clean-up, table-tidying, greeting customers, and other tasks related to these public sales.
This position reports to the Warehouse Coordinator.
- Accepting donations of books, CDs, DVDS, audio books and LPs from the public
- Assist in donation sorting, scanning and boxing
- Assist in organizing books and materials for the Foundation’s year-round book sales
- Assist with JCLF’s online book sales initiative, including online research and packaging sold items
REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Professional organizational and interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Top-notch customer service skills in dealing with donors, vendors and the general public
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Good computer skills, including competency with Microsoft Office Products and various software
- Familiarity with standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanning devices, copy machines, and remote/virtual meeting devices to accommodate Zoom or Skype.
- Must be able to lift/move 25-40 lbs.
- This is a physically-demanding job, requiring lifting, bending, moving bins and standing over long periods of time
- Some flexibility in weekly work schedules
- Willingness to learn book sorting/selling process
- Reliable transportation
- Sense of humor required
Salary & Benefits: $15 hourly, currently 16 hours per week (Monday through Tuesday). Must be flexible with hours, depending on seasonal book sales. No benefits. Work atmosphere is casual.
To Apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com by Monday, April 12, 2021. No phone calls, please.